Acupuncture could be the answer to many health concerns. This is an ancient Asian practice that began in China a few thousand years ago and spread into Japan and Korea. Modern day American practices incorporate tactics from all three nations. Thin needles are inserted into strategic locations in the body in order to improve a patient’s health. These needles are so miniscule and slender that they resemble hairs although they are comprised of metal. Many people are afraid that it will hurt to receive this type of treatment, but surprisingly, there is no pain involved in the process. Conversely, many ills and painful conditions are eliminated after a course of treatment. Somehow these points of needle insertion amp up a body’s healing response, immune system and pain threshold.
What can acupuncture do for you? More than you might think:
– Nausea and vomiting: Stomach ills of nausea and vomiting are uncomfortable indeed. After a course of treatment of this ancient Chinese practice, tummies can feel soothed.
– Anxiety and depression: Not just physical ills are treated in this way. Sufferers of mental maladies such as anxiety and depression may find relief in an acupuncturist’s office.
– Infertility: Individuals who are having trouble conceiving a baby may find help after receiving this type of remedy. In order for conception to occur, both the male and female body must be properly aligned in many regards. Harmonizing these elements through this methodology often results in the jackpot of conception.
– Dry-eye syndrome: Dry eyes can be uncomfortable and may obscure vision as well. Lubrication which should be supplied by a person’s tear ducts sometimes become clogged or dryer than one would expect. This can be alleviated with a course of slender needle application.
– Digestive ills: The human digestive system is a complicated maze involving many more body parts than simply the stomach. Mouth, throat, liver, colon, rectum, and intestines all need to be running smoothly in order to have healthy digestion. Crohn’s Disease, colitis, malabsorption and other maladies may be resolved with these techniques.
– Smoking cessation: If a person wants to stop smoking tobacco products, they may want to think about enlisting an acupuncturist in their battle. Quitting smoking is a tough endeavor but well worth the health benefits. Smoking cigarettes hampers immune systems, causes skin to look weathered, turns teeth yellow and costs a lot of money. Giving it up can turn a person’s life around.
– Chronic pain: An individual who has chronic pain may want to think about amping up their natural bodily pain relievers. This can be done with the help of an acupuncturist.
– Lower blood pressure: High blood pressure can lead to strokes, heart disease and more. Lowering it can improve quality of life and longevity.
A doctor of acupuncture has other techniques in his or her bag of tricks as well. Herbal remedies, lifestyle alteration advice and more can be obtained by practitioners of this discipline. Acceptance of this methodology is rapidly growing. Many hospitals and western medicine physicians are incorporating this into their practices as well.
Having trouble locating a place to receive acupuncture in Washington, DC? By searching online, you will be able to find an acupuncturist who offers great service. To find one in your area, please visit http://www.angieslist.com/