Although Colorado ranks high on income levels, the state unfortunately also ranks high on the number of people who are uninsured, with 15 to 17 percent of Coloradoans lacking health insurance. If you’re in this group here’s how you can get cheap Colorado health insurance plan quotes from top companies.
Who Are the Uninsured in Colorado?
You might think that only unemployed people don’t have health insurance. In fact, a third of the uninsured in Colorado work full time, but they work for small businesses that cannot afford insurance coverage for their employees. In addition, they tend to have lower incomes, with over half of the uninsured earning under 200 percent of the poverty level.
The high number of uninsured in Colorado affects the state economy in several ways:
* The uninsured sign up for state-sponsored health insurance programs such as Child Health Plan Plus and ColoradoCovers. These programs are paid for through state funding.
* Health care providers charge all their patients higher prices to subsidize the uninsured patients who are unable to pay for their care.
* As health care costs rise, so do insurance premiums, with Coloradoans paying as much as $934 extra each year in insurance premiums to cover the cost of the uninsured.
Where Can You Find Cheap Colorado Health Insurance Plans?
Everyone benefits when more people have their own health insurance. A great way to find cheap insurance quotes is to go to an insurance comparison website. You can find quotes for all types of insurance at these sites, including:
* Basic or comprehensive coverage
* Catastrophic or accident-only health insurance
* Traditional insurance, PPO plans, or HMO plans
* Long-term or short-term health insurance
* Home health care insurance
* Vision and dental insurance plans
The best insurance comparison websites even offer a chat feature so you can get answers to all your insurance questions directly from an insurance professional (see link below).
Going online to find your health insurance is quick, it’s easy, and it will save you money because you’ll get quotes from several different companies to compare. Give it a try!
Visit or click on the following link to get Colorado health insurance plan quotes from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can also get more insurance tips there.
The authors, Brian Stevens and Stacey Schifferdecker, have spent 30 years in the insurance and finance industries, and have written a number of articles on getting cheap Colorado health insurance plan quotes.