This medication increases movement through the digestive system. It is used to treat symptoms of stomach disorders. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by certain medications. Due to safety concerns, this medication is not to be used by breast-feeding women to increase production of breast milk. Domperidone is used to speed up the time it takes for food to move through your stomach and intestines after eating. Domperidone helps the stomach to empty more quickly in people where this is a problem. It helps to reduce reflux (stomach acid coming back up) and the sensation of fullness. Domperidone is also used to prevent stomach problems associated with the use of certain medications used to treat Parkinson’s disease. Your doctor may choose to use a medication for conditions other than the ones listed in these drug information articles. If you’re unsure why you are taking this medication, contact your doctor.
Domperidone 5mg tablets are taken with a full glass of water, usually 15 to 30 minutes before meals, and at bedtime.
After starting Domperidone 5mg, it may take three or four days before you notice any effect, though sometimes mothers notice an effect within 24 hours. It appears to take two to three weeks to get a maximum effect, but some mothers have noted effects only after 4 or more weeks. It is reasonable to give domperidone a trial of at least four, and better, six weeks before saying it doesn’t work.
– Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
– Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medications.
– Tell your doctor if you have problems with internal bleeding, or any other stomach or intestinal problems.
– If you are taking any antacids, H2-blockers or proton pump inhibitors, they should be taken at least 2 hours before or after the domperidone is taken
The following side effects may go away as your body becomes used to the medicine; check with your doctor if they continue or become bothersome.
– breast milk flowing from the nipple – ry mouth – swelling of the breast (males) – headache – hives – hot flashes – itching of skin – itching, redness, pain, or swelling of eye – menstrual irregularities – pain in the breast
Overdose: If overdose is suspected, contact your doctor or your local poison control centre or emergency room immediately. Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, twitching, muscle rigidity, and irregular heartbeat.
Visit trumedcanada.com to purchase Domperidone . You purchase all kinds of Online canadian pharmacy there.