Eczema is a skin condition where patches of dry skin develop due to allergies or stress. Some people get small patches here and there, others get more severe developments. Children are very prone to it. The severity of the disease can vary. In mild form, the skin is dry, hot and itchy, while in more severe forms the skin can become broken along with bleeding.
1. Paying special attention to personal hygiene will help alleviating the itchiness and the need to scratch it. Continually scratching the itchy area could lead to infection and end up aggravating the eczema and making it worse. Whilst the above natural ways of treating your eczema is not a comprehensive list it will go a long way to alleviating your eczema misery.
2. Dry yourself thoroughly with a towel made of cotton fabric. Pat the towel so you do not irritate your skin.
3. Combine 1 tsp of comfrey root, 1 tsp of white oak bark, 1 tsp of slippery elm bark and two cups of water in a bowl. Mix well, and then pour it into a pot. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a boil, and then simmer for thirty minutes. Allow the mixture to cool, then strain out the solids and use the liquid like any face wash.
4. Rub a nutmeg against a smooth stone slab with a few drops of water and make a paste. Application of this paste is an effective way to get rid of eczema.
5. Flaxseed, by virtue of the presence of essential omega 3 fatty acids, energise many important functions of the body. This oil can either be taken with food or applied on the affected area which allows for faster healing of the itchy rash. However, even with natural oil treatment, consultation with a doctor is advisable, and especially so when it comes to taking care of delicate skin of your baby.
6. Mix a few drops of lavender essential oil into some vitamin E cream. Rub the cream into your skin.
7. To help heal the skin, use a lotion containing vitamin E, or apply vitamin E oil directly on the affected area. It will quickly reduce itching and improve healing. Continue applying the vitamin E oil until the skin is healed.
8. Mashed papaya seeds when applied to the affected region are said to put off itching of the skin caused by eczema. It is the best eczema remedy.
9. Grind 1-tablespoon turmeric along with 1 tablespoon of neem leaves. Apply 2-3 times daily on the affected areas.
10. Apply a teaspoon of sandalwood paste mixed with a teaspoon of camphor to the affected area. It has a cooling effect.